Jeff Goss has over 30 years’ experience in energy and resources, major projects, construction, banking and project finance, corporate and commercial law. He brings to energy and resource transactions a unique combination of commercial, contract, financing and risk assessment skills. Jeff has particular expertise in:
- commercial acquisitions, mergers and divestments
- structuring of new business enterprises
- joint venture arrangements
- risk assessment and liability negotiations
- corporate governance
Key transactions of relevance on which Jeff has advised include:
- The restructuring of the Everlast Minerals Group in preparation for major capital raising
- Advising Eastern Metals Linited on its IPO and listing on the ASX
- Brokering the settlement of remediation dispute that had been running for 9 years
- The approximately $600 million acquisition and subsequent sale of Delhi Petroleum Ltd including all due diligence and assessment of tenements, joint venture agreements, pipeline ownership and access arrangements, insurance arrangements, negotiations of the acquisition agreement, negotiation of the innovative equity and debt financing arrangements
- WPG Resources on the $346 million sale of its iron ore assets to OneSteel (now Arrium).
- WPG Resources on the project financing of the Peculiar Knob DSO Iron Ore Project.
- An international investment bank on a structured finance transaction between South Africa and Australia.
- Century Asset Management Ltd Group on the
- negotiation of a proposed acquisition, development, construction and project financing of a 105 MWp pipeline of solar parks in Italy.
- Delta Electricity on the project financing of two biomass co-generation plants.
- The Australian subsidiary of a Scandinavian manufacturing company on two stages of Water Treatment Plants in Sri Lanka and on a mineral sands processing facility.
- Various lenders to major Australian resource companies on project financing of copper, gold and iron ore projects both in Australia and PNG.
- Junior resource companies on the project financing of gold and copper projects.
- EFIC on the construction financing of a gas condensation plant in Pakistan.
- Australian Mining and Petroleum Law Association
- Law Society of New South Wales
- Australian Institute of Company Directors